Quality Enhancement Activities
- September 2003 Quarterly Report
- 17 mentors (9 full-time and 7 part-time or hourly employees)
worked with 133 primary providers throughout the state and 48 of their
assistants (in group homes).
- 1 primary provider was added in the 1st quarter; 4
providers left the program.
- The average number of primary providers seen by each
full-time mentor was 9 and by each part-time mentor was 6.5 (range was
5 to 11 providers)
- 81 primary providers received full services; 52 primary
providers received reduced services and 44 received no services during
this quarter due to budget cuts.
- A total of 826 daily activity reports were submitted.
Each daily activity report represents a mentor's visit to a family child
care provider's home
- Each mentor visit lasted an average of 2.32 hours
- 7 providers received mock NAFCC observation visits
and formal written feedback from the FCCP mentor coordinator in preparation
for their official application to NAFCC for accreditation
- 9 providers applied for NAFCC accreditation (received
$495 FCCP scholarship)
- 5 providers received word of their accreditation in
the fourth quarter (or after the 3rd quarter report was filed)