Family Child Care Partnerships

Frequently Asked Questions

Project Overview
Program Enrollment
Mentoring Approach
Progress Toward Accreditation

Return to Home Page

Return to Main Resource Page


What does child (day) care mean?
Child day care is the care by a parent substitute for a portion of a 24-hour day. The term " day care " service refers to both "day time" care and "night-time" care. "Night-time" care is usually provided after 7:00 p.m. This would also include so-called "third-shift", "odd hour", and week-end care.

How are day care providers licensed or approved?
If a provider is required to be licensed or chooses to be licensed, a staff member from either the County or State Department of Human Resources performs that function.

How do I get on the USDA Food and Nutrition program?
Contact the State Department of Education at 334-242-8249.

How do I start a Day Care Center?
Contact the Department of Human Resources Child Day Care Partnership at (334) 242-1425 and request to speak to Child Care Intake. A packet of information will be mailed to you upon your request to this unit.

How do I start a Day Care Home?
Contact the Department of Human Resources office in your county.

How do I get a copy of the Child Care Minimum Standards?
Two documents are available for your review: