The HRMT program begins consideration of an application when all required materials are received. The application materials include:
1. Application for admission (available online from the Graduate School Web Page). Applications must be accompanied by the required fee. These fees may be paid online via credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) at the end of the application process. Applications and records will not be processed until the application fee has been received by the Graduate School.
2. One official transcript of all undergraduate- and graduate-level study from each school previously attended. An applicant who, because of current enrollment, cannot provide final transcripts at the time of application must submit transcripts of all completed study, as well as incomplete transcripts from the current institution. Applicants do not need to provide transcripts for credits earned at Auburn University. Transcripts should be sent directly to the Graduate School.
3. Standardized Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) general test scores.
4. Applicants whose native language is not English must submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). To be considered for admission, applicants must score at least 79 on the internet TOEFL (iBT), 213 on the computer TOEFL (cBT), 550 on the paper TOEFL (pBT), or 6.5 Overall Band Score on the IELTS.
5. International students must also complete a Statement of Finances Form from the Graduate School. This form certifies that a specific amount of money is available to support the applicant's education and living expenses while at Auburn University.
6. A detailed resume or curriculum vitae, to be uploaded with the online application..
7. At least three letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to speak to the applicant's ability to pursue graduate studies. The letters should be submitted on the online application system. The letters of recommendation are intended to speak to your ability to pursue graduate studies. Academic references are the preferred source of recommendation. However, if you completed your undergraduate degree a long time ago and unable to acquire recommendations from your former professors, or you have worked in a relevant field, including recommendation letters from your managers/employers are acceptable.
8. A statement of purpose (not to exceed two pages) demonstrating the applicant's purpose in applying for HRMT graduate study, particular area of specialization within the hospitality and tourism fields, future plans, unique qualifications for and commitment to the hospitality and tourism, and any additional information that may aid the HRMT graduate faculty in evaluating applicant's preparation and aptitude for graduate study at HRMT to be uploaded with the online application..
Click here to access HRMT Graduate Program FAQs. Click here for additional Graduate Program FAQs from the Auburn University Graduate School.
For further questions about the application process email Dr. Ayoun:
Dr. Baker Ayoun
HRMT Graduate Programs Officer
Department of Nutrition, Dietetics, & Hospitality Management
328 Spidle Hall
Auburn, AL 36849-5605
To apply for our program, visit the Graduate School Web Page.